Through a generous donation from the Colin Kaepernick Foundation, AFSC-AZ has contracted JustLeadershipUSA (JLUSA) to bring Emerging Leaders to Arizona! The event will take place at Arizona State University’s Beus Center for Law & Society on August 25, 2018.
Emerging Leaders is a prominent and effective day-long training for directly-impacted people to refine their leadership skills in the field of criminal justice reform. The training is free to participants. The Emerging Leaders training benefits directly-impacted participants by providing opportunities that include;
- Networking with leaders in criminal justice reform efforts locally and nationally
- Insight into campaigns and practices closely linked to successful criminal justice and juvenile justice advocacy efforts
- Enabling participants to utilize storytelling to shift the narrative
- Mapping their visions for reform
- Developing a skill set that will lead to a quantifiable impact in their work
You can learn more about the Emerging Leaders program at JLUSA’s website.
To be eligible, individuals must have been directly impacted by the criminal justice system. This includes incarceration, probation, or having a family member affected by the system.
Those eligible can apply until August 11th at https://justleadershipusa.formstack.com/forms/el_application_2018